Jump to navigation
Rules & Guidelines
- Each month, we will announce one past Jr Iron Chef VT winning recipe for you to prepare for the cooking club.
- Make that recipe during the month, snap a photo of your creation. Submit your photo along with a comment (What did you like about the recipe? Was it easy? Challenging? Super tasty? What is something you learned? etc…) on the Jr Iron Chef VT website by the monthly deadline. Our first recipe will be announced noon, Friday, December 4. The deadline for submission will be Sunday, January 3, 2020.
- By submitting your photo you’ll be entered to win one of five exciting monthly prizes! At the end of the month, we will announce the randomly selected winners and share your photos on our website and Vermont FEED’s social media pages.
- Get creative with your recipe. Make substitutions or add something new.
- In order to be eligible for submission, each recipe must include one local ingredient, defined by being a Vermont product.
- Join the cooking club mailing list, visit our website, and explore Vermont FEED's social media channels (follow us @ Fb | Tw | Ig) and #JrIronChefVT throughout the month for fun tips and posts featuring past coaches, judges, and Vermont chefs to pick up some new tips and tricks.
- Bonus! Complete all five monthly challenges and receive a certificate of completion of the Jr Iron Chef VT Cooking Club.
- The Jr Iron Chef VT Cooking Club 2020/2021 is open to all Vermont middle and high school-aged students and participants of Vermont-affiliated educational programs.
- No purchase necessary. Drawing entries are limited to one entry per submission. Monthly winners will be chosen by random on the Wednesday following each month’s submission deadline date.
- By uploading cooking contest photos, entrants give permission to Vermont FEED and any of its affiliated or associated organizations to reproduce and share their photo submissions. Participants understand that the purpose is to promote the Jr Iron Chef VT program and its services. No compensation of any kind will be paid for the use of their photo.
- Entrants must have consent of their parent or legal guardian for the collection of personal information. All personal information will remain strictly confidential and will not be shared or sold to an outside party. All entries must be submitted via the Jr Iron Chef VT website.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to hold Jr Iron Chef VT/Vermont FEED, any of its affiliated or associated organizations, their respective directors, officers, employees, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this recipe challenge.