Local Blueberry Pancakes
Team: Harwood Hotcakes
Host School: Harwood Union High School
Age Group: High School
- 3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon sugar mix together in a large bowl. In a small bowl put
- 2 1/4 cup of buttermilk
- 3/4 cup of low fat milk
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3-4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat together the eggs, milk, and buttermilk until light and foamy, about three minutes with hand mixer.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir in blueberries. Let sit for 1-3 minutes before pouring onto hot griddle.
- Heat fry pan to medium-high heat and pour mixture onto griddle in 3-4 inch diameter pancakes
For maple whipped cream:
- Add cold cream, maple syrup and vanilla extract to bowl.
- Whisk in medium-low speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Increase the speed to high and whip until soft peaks form, 1-2 minutes.