Veggie Manicotti with Alfredo sauce
Team: The 4-H'ers
Host School: Vermont 4-H
Age Group: Middle School
- 9 farm fresh VERMONT eggs
- 3 cups King Arthur flour
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups water (add 3, then add more if needed)
Manicotti filling ingredients:
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups CABOT Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup CABOT Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Red Pepper (cut super small!)
- 1 1/2 cups spinach (chopped)
- 1 tbs, Chopped garlic
- ½ large onion
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tbs. Italian seasoning
Alfredo sauce ingredients:
- ½ cup CABOT butter
- 8 ounce package of CABOT cream cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups lite cream
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- Milk (only add if needed to thin)
* Parsley for plate
- Mix together: flour, water, eggs and salt to make a thin, smooth batter.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto lightly greased griddle.
- Flip when ready and set aside on parchment paper for later!
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the mixture to the shells and roll!
- in oven preheated to 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add lite cream, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. (If it seems to thick it can be thinned with a bit of milk)
- Stir in Parmesan and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with cream if cooked too long.
- Make sure it is stirred before serving, it will separate as it cools
**Sprinkle chives on top of manicotti and sauce