Welcome to Jr Iron Chef VT
Check out our current Recipe Challenge: Very Veggie Enchiladas with Homemade Sweet Potato Tortillas! Submit your photos by Sunday, April 25 to be in the running for one of five culinary prize packages.
Calling all Vermont Teen Chefs: Join the Jr Iron Chef VT Cooking Club! To honor the spirit of Jr Iron Chef VT and student cooking, we bring you the Jr Iron Chef VT Cooking Club. Our monthly cooking challenge is a fun way to bring our community together while honoring the core values of Jr Iron Chef VT.
Here’s how it works:
- Each month, we will announce one past Jr Iron Chef VT winning recipe for you to prepare for the cooking club.
- Make that recipe during the month, snap a photo of your creation. Submit your photo along with a comment (What did you like about the recipe? Was it easy? Challenging? Super tasty? What is something you learned? etc…) on the Jr Iron Chef VT website by the monthly deadline.
- By submitting your photo you’ll be entered to win one of five exciting monthly prizes! At the end of the month, we will announce the randomly selected winners and share the photo submissions on our website and Vermont FEED’s social media pages.
- Get creative with your recipe; make substitutions or add something new!
- In order to be eligible for submission, each recipe must include one local ingredient, defined by being a Vermont product.
- Join the cooking club mailing list, explore our website and video hub, and check out Vermont FEED's social media channels (follow us @ Fb | Tw | Ig) and #JrIronChefVT throughout the month for fun tips and posts featuring past coaches, judges, and Vermont chefs to pick up some new skills.
- Bonus! Complete all six monthly challenges and receive a certificate of completion of the Jr Iron Chef VT Cooking Club.