11th Annual Jr Iron Chef VT Competition
Jr Iron Chef VT is a statewide culinary competition organized by Vermont FEED. It challenges teams of middle and high school students to create healthy, local dishes that inspire school meal programs, so students understand how they can effect change in the food system.
- 8:00 Doors open to teams for set up
- 9:00 Doors open to general public
- 9:15 Brigade Check
- 9:30 Ready, Set, Chop - cooking & judging!
- 11:00 Heat ends, judging takes place
- 12:00-12:30 Awards Ceremony
- 11:30 Teams set up
- 12:15 Brigade Check
- 12:30 Ready, Set, Chop - cooking & judging!
- 2:00 Heat ends, judging takes place
- 3:00-3:30 Awards Ceremony
- TARA GOREAU Community art project
- CITY MARKET Smoothie bike
- SKINNY PANCAKE Crepe making
- CHITTENDEN SOLID WASTE DISTRICT
- Save the Food 6-Week Challenge & composting
- 802 EVENT GROUP Photo booth
- VERMONT FEED Taste test
- SHELBURNE FARMS Cheese taste test
- VT FEED & JR IRON CHEF VT Tell us your JIC story!
- NEW ENGLAND DAIRY & FOOD COUNCIL
- Power Up to Play 60
- BLUE CROSS BLUE SHEILD OF VT Face painting
- COMMUNITY BANK OF NA Plinko
- VT AGENCY OF AGRICULTURE, FOOD, & MARKETS
- FARM TO BALLET
- VERMONT COMMUNITY GARDEN NETWORK
- WATCH the live competition!
- DJ BARRON Live DJ
- END-O-ROAD MAPLE Maple Popcorn
Find full details as they become available on the Jr Iron Chef VT website.